Clinical Veterinary Night Nurse – Eashing
Fitzpatrick Referrals is looking for a Clinical Veterinary Night Nurse to join its specialist veterinary orthopaedics and neurology practice in Eashing, Surrey.
The aim of this role is to improve efficiency at the end of the day and in the early part of the night in clinical areas, take over cases that have run past 7pm, be responsible for the last part of the day coordinating the prep area, and take responsibility for the controlled drug cupboard key.
- Managing clinical cases and taking over from the day teams for neurology and orthopaedics
- Taking on general anaesthesia, both routine and complex
- Assisting with cleaning, closing down theatres and preparing for clinical cases for the next morning, in order to improve efficiency for the day team arrival
- Preparing surgical kit to assist the surgical technicians in leaving at the end of their shift, time permitting
- Focusing on infection control during quieter periods, including deep cleaning and an overall aim to raise the bar of cleanliness around the practice
- During quieter evenings, the role will help the night team in wards with patients, offering support to both nurses and auxiliaries; this will also extend to working in isolation as and when required, time permitting
This role is working 8-hour shifts, 5 nights a week Monday to Friday from 6pm to 2am.
We offer a competitive salary, RCVS registration, funded CPD, a company pension scheme, enhanced maternity/paternity & adoption leave, life assurance, health cash plan and an award-winning employee assistance programme. 30 nights annual leave inclusive of public and bank holidays, increasing to 33 nights inclusive of public and bank holidays after 3 years’ service.
For further information or to apply please send your covering letter and CV to [email protected] stating which role you are applying for in the email subject line, by Friday 1st July 2022.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close for applications before the closing date.