Medical Writer / Research Coordinator – Eashing
Fitzpatrick Referrals is looking for a medical writer / research coordinator to join its world-renowned veterinary referral centre in Surrey, UK.
You will be a clinically experienced professional with an interest in evidence-based medicine, clinical research and regenerative medicine. You will report to Professor Noel Fitzpatrick on all clinical and research matters and the Hospital Director on any other matters. You will work collaboratively with our clinical teams and external collaborators and contributors to meet the Company’s research needs and the welfare of patients and their families, improving the service delivery and patient journey.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Represent and promote the practice, its aims and values at all times
- Dedicated position supporting the scientific communication and publication of lead surgeon and managing director Prof. Noel Fitzpatrick
- Provide editorial support for research and publication tasks within the group
- Assist in the oversight of research tasks of Prof. Noel Fitzpatrick and clinical staff
- Areas of active research include: orthopaedic, neurology and oncology clinical innovation, stem cell biology and regenerative medicine, orthopaedic implant development, gait analysis, antimicrobial resistance, veterinary prosthetic development
- Support media team in the production of creative content for industry and public engagement
- Orchestrate the necessary data collection and management of ongoing clinical research activity
- Assist in the management of research activities of senior surgeons, residents and interns at Fitzpatrick Referrals Orthopaedic and Neurology hospital and provide support as required to achieve our goals of disseminating high-quality clinical research
- Co-ordinate retrospective and prospective research projects on behalf of Prof. Noel Fitzpatrick, to include; data collection, statistical analysis and preparation of draft research manuscripts
- Assist with the submission of manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals, up until the point of final publication
- Mentor interns in regards the successful execution of their research projects and related documents
- Administration of best practice protocols relating to research methods and contributing to the preparation of ethical approval documents and procedures
- Provide clinical and client support to the Fitz Regen team in surgeries involving custom implants and regenerative medicine when required
- In addition to your main duties, you will be required to carry out such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the Company
Read the full job description
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] stating which role you are applying for, by Monday 27th August 2018.
Early applications are welcome and we reserve the right to close for applications before the closing date.
Date posted: 7th August 2018