Nurse Practitioner, Orthopaedics – Eashing
Fitzpatrick Referrals is seeking a nurse practitioner to provide clinical support to the senior clinicians in the orthopaedic team.
You will share responsibility for communication, patient safety and quality of care for patients from pre-admission through to discharge and rehabilitation and coordinate the clinical flow of patients in the practice so that resources are used efficiently. You will work collaboratively with nurses, auxiliaries, interns, vets and other colleagues to meet the needs of patients and their families.
Together we will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care together with compassionate communication for patients referred to Fitzpatrick Referrals. You will be care driven, have excellent communication skills, exceptionally organised, thorough and be able to support a 24/7 team environment.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Represent and promote the practice, its aims and values at all times
- Call clients and referring practices with progress updates when required
- Assist with current and previous cases
- Coordinate clinical workload efficiently; identify, report and resolve workflow blockages within the team
- Communicate effectively with all colleagues all the time
- Assist with patient care and ensure the best standard of care for in/out-patients
- Communicate with colleagues to ensure that patient journeys are safe and resources are used efficiently
- Review all treatment plans ensuring accuracy of content
- Conduct clinical nursing assessments of in-patients (including general health, BCS, basic parameters)
- Organise radiography, anaesthesia induction and monitoring
- Organise clinical sampling and collecting/sending clinical tests
- Support the clinician with rechecks and discharges
- Ensure that itemised charge sheets are completed
- You work as part of the nursing rota covering out of hours and weekends
- Promote, develop and practise advanced standards of nursing care in the practice
- Providing training and mentorship to our general nursing team
- In addition to your main duties you will be required to carry out such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the business and as the Company may from time to time require
View full job description.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] stating which role you are applying for, by Wednesday 18th April 2018. Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close for applications before the closing date.
Job posted: 4th April 2018