Syringomyelia Screening Form
Chiari-like Malformation / Syringomyelia Screening
Please note that this service is for dog breeders only.
Complete the form below and we will get back to you within 48 hours to arrange the booking. The dog must have permanent identification i.e. microchip or tattoo. A microchip can be implanted at the time of the MRI scan (cost £15 inc VAT). If the patient is Kennel Club registered the appropriate Kennel Club certificate must be brought to the clinic on the day of scanning. Patients do not have to be Kennel Club registered to be eligible for BVA screening.
The results are obtained in the form of a certificate from the BVA which we will forward to the client – we are not able to discuss the results prior to this. Please note the results can take approximately 4 weeks to be received. Read more about the BVA screening scheme.
- This service is for dog breeders only, for the health screening of healthy dogs intended for breeding for the purposes of Chiari malformation and syringomyelia only. It is a limited scan that is not sufficient for full investigation of neurological disease. If you have a dog with neck pain, neurological deficits or suspected Syringomyelia please see your veterinary surgeon who can arrange a referral to one of our neurology consultants.
- There is no consultation to discuss the results.
- The minimum age is 1 year old.
- The dog must not be pregnant or nursing unweaned puppies.
- The dog must be microchipped or tattooed.
- The breeder must bring the relevant Kennel Club (KC) Registration Certificate (if it is registered with the KC) or an appropriate form of identification for dogs not registered with the KC, such as identification used by the owner’s veterinary practice or the breed club.
- The MRI will be obtained under a general anaesthetic and as such the dog must be starved 8 hours before the procedure.
- Please pay the £100 BVA fee directly to the BVA in the form of the cheque or by phoning the BVA and paying over the phone. It is the owner’s responsibility to pay and the BVA does not process the documents until they receive the ID.
- The results are obtained in the form of a certificate from the BVA which we will forward to the client – we are not able to discuss the results prior to this. Please note the results can take approximately 4 weeks to be received. Read more about the BVA screening scheme.
- By completing the form you accept these terms and conditions.