Fitzpatrick Referrals awarded gold for cat friendly care
Fitzpatrick Referrals is proud to have been officially certified as an International Cat Care Cat Friendly Clinic at gold level.
Being recognised for such an accreditation reflects not only the state-of-the-art facilities in the practice but also the highly trained and compassionate staff all of whom understand and appreciate the unique difficulties clients often face when bringing their cat into a veterinary hospital.
From the moment owners are welcomed by reception staff until receiving treatment and care in our bespoke cat ward, every member of the Fitzpatrick Referrals provides the best level of care for cats as well as for their family. This is led by nominated Cat Advocate Nurse, Katrina Endfield, who ensures the gold standards are continuously being adhered to.
Fitzpatrick Referrals is now a recognised member of the International Society of Feline Medicine supporting the work of International Cat Care in creating a world where all cats are treated with care, compassion and understanding.
We were delighted to obtain recognition as a gold standard cat friendly clinic and we look forward to welcoming many more feline patients in the future.
Fitzpatrick Referrals cat-friendly facilities include:
- A bespoke cat ward lined specifically orientated so cats have total privacy, therefore reducing anxiety and stress.
- A dedicated cat waiting area in our main reception, allowing cats to relax out-of-sight from other patients.
- Feliway diffusers used throughout the hospital to reduce anxiety and stress.
- Three cat care nurses who are recognised cat advocates (Katrina Endfield RVN, Ana Delgado RVN and Josh Buck RVN.)
- Educated staff who are trained to understand cat behaviour and recognise when cats are distressed so necessary action may be taken.