Reception Team Leader
Fitzpatrick Referrals is looking for an experienced receptionist or supervisor with previous customer service experience to provide excellent service to clients and colleagues at our state-of-the-art veterinary orthopaedic and neurology referral centre in Eashing, Surrey.
You will report to the Operations Manager and work collaboratively with other team members, clients and colleagues to meet the needs of patients, their families and referring veterinarians, always working towards continued improvement of the service delivery and patient journey.
As a team, we strive to deliver expert care combined with compassionate communication. You will be care driven, exceptionally organised, thorough, have excellent communication skills and be able to operate in a 24/7 team environment.
Responsibilities and tasks
- First point of contact for reception team queries, with regular weekend and evening attendance in support of the team and to ensure consistency across the full week
- Manage the team rota to ensure appropriate cover at all times
- Manage team holidays ensuring holiday is taken throughout the year and providing cover where necessary
- Manage team sickness absence including providing cover, return to work meetings and escalating concerns
- Act as cover for any unplanned absence within the team where available
- Manage the training and performance of the team and team members including informal meetings and escalation where necessary
- Provide regular feedback to the team and carry out regular team meetings
- Carry out staff appraisals alongside the Operations Manager
- Escalation point of contact for the team to resolve difficult conversations or cases and prevent complaints
- Ensure protocols and processes are in place and are adhered to
- In addition to your main duties you will be required to provide additional support for the reception team and carry out general reception duties as well as such other duties consistent with your position to meet the needs of the practice and as the practice may from time to time require
Read the full job description
Fitzpatrick Referrals provides a competitive salary, a workplace pension scheme, life assurance, health cash plan, free onsite parking, an onsite gym, and an employee assistance programme.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected] stating which role you are applying for in the email subject line, by Wednesday 30th June 2021.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close for applications before the closing date.
Date posted: 8th June 2021